21 September 2010

Flora Helene




Little Flora decided to make her debut at 12:22 in the morning on Saturday September 11th. We have been getting to know one another these last ten days, and are amazed on a daily basis by her greatness. (Bragging about your kiddos can never begin too early, right?)

1. I believe she is ready to crawl and doesn't understand that she's a 'newborn'.
2. She is lifting her head
3. She responds to voices, eats like a champ, and is an all-around nice gal (according to daddy)
4. She loves the Baby Bjorn and walks with doggie-do (though not too sure Jacopo loves playing second fiddle these days)
5. She's currently learning Italian, and we think she's destined to be a pro-soccer player

Tonight she had her first bath with mom, dad, and grandma. I was very nervous, but she did a great job with hardly any cries! She may take after the Wirth-side of the family and be a water-babe. No pics of bathtime as daddy was busy going Griswold with the video recorder.

All for now!

3 comments:

  1. congratulations ronan and heather...what a beautiful name to go with a darling little girl. so happy for you. love living those precious, ecstatic, walking on water, blissful days of a first new baby through you. have so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. She's somethin' else that littlest O'Mahony! I'm coming by tomorrow (thurs) with a little gift for her and some home-made pot pies. I'll call as I pull up, but if you don't answer, I'm leaving our package at the door. I know better than to knock on the door of a sleeping babe or sleeping babe's Mum. xoxo Liz

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your post made me teary - LOVE her name. So excited for you guys to be experiencing this. It is the best. thing. ever. Isn't it? I do not think I have seen Jon as happy as when he found out you had a little girl - "a close friend with a girl!!!" Ecstatic for you three! xoxo Can't wait to squeeze her!

    ReplyDelete